What role does fashion play in your dating success? Is there such a thing as the ideal first date fashion? First date fashion for women in 2010 is becoming less influenced by the financial crisis: the look is chic and classical, but with a rising optimism in both colour choice as well as new, creative details added to an otherwise simple cut. Dating fashion follows its own rules:
1. First date fashion should always emphasize your strong points
• Women in tight t-shirts is always a hit – especially on those with trimmed torsos.
• Slender women can wear tight fit, while the chubbier should choose a baggier fashion.
• Women with feminine curves had better reveal their cleavage, whereas sporty girls could underline their behind instead.
• However, you should always remember that you are on a date, not as a sales show, so don’t put too much of your goods on display!
2. Choose a first date fashion style that suits not only your body, but also your personality
• If you’re funny and sparkling, show it in your colour choice!
• If you’d prefer to look serious, black and grey is always a classy and secure choice.
• Even if you are very fashion-forward, in the early dating phase with a new boyfriend, don’t wear anything too daring (but don’t dress too dull either).
• Avoid extremes such as a really girlie look or a totally strict business suit.
3. Be comfortable on a first date
• Choose clothes in which you feel comfortable, physically as well as psychologically.
• Hit an appropriate level between Chanel bags and Louboutin heels on the one hand and creased t-shirts and washed-out jeans on the other.
• Try to combine and create your own first date fashion, which could be both individual and feminine – something that underscores your personality and indicates who you are.
The goal for ideal first date fashion is: to be attractive, but feel at ease at the same time. And remember: On date night, charm and personal attraction will always be more important than first date fashion, but if you get your outfit right, you’re set up for success.
If you are unsure about your perfect first date fashion look and want to experiment before you pick an outfit, try creating a mood board on polyvore , like we did here…