We are experts on love and relationships, but we don’t always know what goes on between the sheets of the couples who fall in love through be2. Thankfully Casual Dating Site C-Date has enlightened us with an international survey on love, sex and relationships. They asked over 5,000 people about their sex lives… and found out this:
See the results of the survey on the infographic below or read about them in detail below. You can use this infographic on your own blog or website by copying the HTML code underneath the infographic.
- The most common sexual fantasies are shared by a lot of people: More than a quarter of those who took part in the survey fantasise about sex with more than one person, followed closely by having sex in an unusual place (also more than 25%). The next most popular sexual fantasy, role playing, is only a major turn-on for 10%.
- But never mind what people dream about doing – the Casual Dating agency wanted to know what they actually do – and how often they do it. The most frequent answer is once a week for almost half of the respondents, while 17% manage to have sex every day. On the sadder end of the scale, 5% only have sex once a month and 17% less often than twice a year! This is one question where the answers vary greatly across nationalities, so for example more Italians than Germans have sex every day.
- The same thing goes for group sex – here the Norwegians are particularly adventurous, but even if you look at the answers given by all nationalities, the numbers are pretty impressive. 20% of men and 12% of women say that they have had group sex.
- For all those narrow-minded people who say you should never have sex on a first date, because it ruins your chances of a relationship, the results of one question should be particularly interesting. 27% of all respondents say that they have had a One-Night stand that turned into a long-term relationship!
- However, once you are in a relationship, you’d better be discreet about anything you have going on on the side. Not only kissing or sex are considered cheating these days – only 64% of men think that internet flirting is not disloyal to a partner, but only 36% of women feel the same (so they rest would probably be pretty angry if they found out their boyfriend was flirting online…
- If you are single, on the other hand, flirt away! 36% of all respondents use dating websites to arrange Casual Dating, to flirt or to have erotic conversations. By contrast, 30% use Online Dating to find love (although, if you remember what we just learned, a casual date can still turn into love).
- Social networks may be on the rise, but they are not the place to hook up. Only 15% of men and 10% of women use sites like Facebook to find a partner for sex. That’s probably why Casual Dating is so popular: Almost half of all respondents say that they have had a casual date!